2020-21 Individual Private Lessons
Due to the restrictions set out by the Province of Ontario and Durham Health, Brimacombe will be offering private lessons only, at this time.
Please note, you MUST have booked a lift ticket reservation and equipment rental (if needed) before booking a private lesson. The private lesson must be booked within the participant’s lift ticket reservation time – lift ticket will not be extended to accommodate a lesson outside reserved timeslot.
LESSON AVAILABILITY IS LIMITED. Private Lessons will be available every day with limited staggered time slots to assist with physical distancing. It is important to book your private lesson as far in advance as possible as spots are extremely limited.
*PLEASE NOTE, WE ARE CURRENTLY ONLY BOOKING A LIMITED NUMBER OF PRIVATE LESSONS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE RESERVATIONS UP TO SUNDAY, MARCH 28. STAY TUNED FOR FUTURE DAYS TO BE RELEASED.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions on capacity, there are no spectators allowed on Brimacombe property. Any individual accompanying a participant onto Brimacombe property MUST have a reservation and valid lift ticket. Those without a reservation for themselves including a valid lift ticket will not be allowed entry and will need to wait in their vehicle. Please note there is no indoor seating and outdoor seating is limited.
Depending on the participant’s age and experience level, we may require a Guardian on skis or snowboard, to join the lesson to assist with chairlift riding should they progress off the Magic Carpet and/or provide hands-on support on hill. The Guardian can be anyone from their household like a parent or sibling who is comfortable on equipment, can ride a chairlift independently and is comfortable supporting the participant both on the chairlift and on the slopes, as needed. The parent/guardian should not expect any instructor feedback during the lessons and should try to distance themselves from the lesson on the hill, but still be close enough to assist when needed. The parent/guardian must have a valid lift ticket during the reserved timeslot and lesson time.
All lesson participants should use the washroom prior to lessons. Portable toilets are available in parking lot 4 prior to entering the property, as well as behind the East Chalet, in addition to the washrooms located in the East Chalet. Any lesson participants requiring assistance with undressing/using the washroom must have a parent/guardian present.
How to book
- Reserve your lift ticket(s) (and rental equipment, if applicable)
- Call Guest Services (905-983-7669) to book your private lesson and be prepared to:
- Give your Reservation number
- Provide Method of payment credit card or Brimacombe gift card
- Answer questions about participant ability level, age, etc. to see if there is a lesson available for the participant’s needs
LESSON CANCELLATION POLICY: All private lesson timeslot cancellations by the participant must be made at least 24 hours prior to the lesson start time, regardless of the reason. Cancellations made less than 24 hours prior to the lesson start time will be subject to a $30+hst Cancellation Fee. No refund will be provided if you fail to show up for your scheduled lesson and provide no advance notice.
Although we will do our best to accommodate all interested individuals, those requiring private lessons will need to fall under one of the below 3 categories; please read the criteria carefully and have this information ready before booking:
|EXPERIENCE LEVEL||AGE||Lesson Length||Rate|
Snowboarders - Age 6 and Up; Age 3-5 will be considered on an individual basis, but guardian must be present on equipment with a valid lift ticket.
Skiers - Ages 5 & Up; Age 3 & 4 will be considered on an individual basis, but guardian must be present on equipment with a valid lift ticket.
Guardian recommended for younger skiers/boarders and required if progressing to Type 2 off the Magic Carpet (as detailed below)
Snowboarders - Age 6 and Up; Age 3-5 considered on an individual basis.
Skiers - Ages 5 & Up; Age 3 & 4 considered on an individual basis.
Guardian must be present on equipment with a valid lift ticket, to join this lesson to assist with chairlift riding and/or provide hands-on support on hill. The Guardian can be anyone from their household like a parent or sibling who is comfortable on equipment, can ride a chairlift independently and is comfortable supporting the participant both on the chairlift and on the slopes, as needed. The parent/guardian should not expect any instructor feedback during the lessons and should try to distance themselves from the lesson on the hill, but still be close enough to assist when needed. The parent/guardian must have a valid lift ticket during the reserved timeslot and lesson time.
Lesson participant must be sufficiently comfortable riding the chairlift by themselves.
All lessons will be 50 minutes to allow for greeting and releasing as well as sanitizing equipment. All instructors will be wearing appropriate PPE and will use equipment to help them support physical distancing while teaching.
All Snow School participants are required to wear:
- An appropriate ski/snowboard helmet during their lesson. Participants may bring their own helmet or reserve a helmet rental in advance when reserving your lift ticket for an additional fee.
- An appropriate face mask at all times. Participants will be required to wear face masks or face coverings at all times, both indoors and outdoors, while at Brimacombe. Masks are required to meet the guidelines set by the Durham Region Health Department. A mask must cover the nose, mouth and chin, must be in contact with the surrounding face without gaping and must be able to filter respiratory droplets. In the case of a cloth non-medical mask or face covering, this means it should be made of 2+ layers of tightly woven fabric (such as cotton or linen). If your ski mask, face shield, neck warmer, tube or balaclava meets that criteria, you can wear it as a mask, but if there are breathing or ventilation holes, or it is a single layer of material, it will not be acceptable as a mask. We also recommend bringing a back-up or two so you are able to change it out when it gets damp.
- A valid lift ticket.