2021-22 Individual Private Lessons
Please note, you MUST have booked a lift ticket reservation (or have a valid Membership or Season Pass) and equipment rental (if needed) before booking a private lesson. The private lesson must be booked within the participant’s lift ticket reservation time – lift ticket will not be extended to accommodate a lesson outside reserved timeslot.
Private Lessons will be available every day with limited staggered time slots to assist with physical distancing. It is important to book your private lesson as far in advance as possible as spots are limited.
Face masks are required to be worn, both indoors and outdoors, at all times while at Brimacombe except when eating or drinking when seated in designated areas. Masks are required to meet the guidelines by the Durham Region Health Department. Masks are mandatory for all lesson participants.
Depending on the participant’s age, we may require a Guardian on skis or snowboard, to join the lesson to assist with chairlift riding should they progress off the Magic Carpet and/or provide hands-on support on hill. Please see the chart below for more information.
All lesson participants should use the washroom prior to lessons. Portable toilets are available in parking lot 4 prior to entering the property.
A digital health screening provided by Brimacombe will need to be completed by each participant prior to each lesson and proof of “Pass” will need to be shown at drop-off to a designated Brimacombe representative. The results of this screening will determine if the participant is able to attend. All staff will also complete a health screening prior to each shift. Participants and staff will not be permitted to attend if they are feeling ill. We ask for your understanding as instructor availability might be less consistent as a result of this protocol.
To prevent crowding, we ask for your help by limiting it to only one parent/guardian that will be escorting the participant to and from their specific lesson meeting point. During lessons, parents and other family members will be able to stay to watch their children in lessons, however, as outlined above, chalet access is subject to our vaccination policy and time limits will be in effect for warming zones within the chalet. These areas are not for spectators/non-participants to hangout in for extended periods of time. Indoor dining is currently unavailable. Space is also limited outside the chalet and Brimacombe reserves the right to restrict access to the property during certain days/times of anticipated high congestion.
At this time, COVID-19 vaccination is not required for outdoor activities however, all individuals 12 years of age or older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to access chalets. To learn more, please read Brimacombe's Operating Plan for the 2021-22 Season.
How to book
- Reserve your lift ticket(s) (and rental equipment, if applicable)
- Call Guest Services (905-983-7669) to book your private lesson or book online here.
Be prepared to:
- Give your Reservation number
- Provide Method of payment credit card or Brimacombe gift card
- Answer questions about participant ability level, age, etc. to see if there is a lesson available for the participant’s needs
Please do not book your lesson for your exact arrival time!
- If you have reserved lift tickets only, please ensure your lesson is booked to start at least 30 minutes after your reservation start time.
- If you have reserved lift tickets and rentals, please ensure your lesson is booked for at least 60 minutes after your reservation start time.
Brimacombe is not responsible for lesson time missed due to arriving late or failing to complete required paperwork (waiver and health screening) before lesson. If you are late for your lesson, depending on our booking schedule, your lesson may be shortened to the available time left. Missed lessons will be subject to our timeslot cancellation policies below.
LESSON CANCELLATION POLICY: All private lesson timeslot cancellations by the participant must be made at least 24 hours prior to the lesson start time, regardless of the reason. Cancellations made less than 24 hours prior to the lesson start time will be subject to a $30+hst Cancellation Fee. No refund will be provided if you fail to show up for your scheduled lesson and provide no advance notice.
Although we will do our best to accommodate all interested individuals, due to COVID-19 we have had to adjust our private lesson programming; please read the criteria carefully and have this information ready before booking:
Ages 3 - 6
Guardian must be present on equipment with a valid lift ticket, to join this lesson to assist with chairlift riding and/or provide hands-on support on hill. The Guardian can be anyone from their household like a parent or sibling who is comfortable on equipment, can ride a chairlift independently and is comfortable supporting the participant both on the chairlift and on the slopes, as needed. The parent/guardian should not expect any instructor feedback during the lessons and should try to distance themselves from the lesson on the hill, but still be close enough to assist when needed. The parent/guardian must have a valid lift ticket or valid Membership or Season Pass during the reserved timeslot and lesson time.
Skiers aged 5 to 6 who are not looking to progress off the Magic Carpet may not require parent/guardian to be present on equipment (will be considered on an individual basis). Please contact us for more information.
Ages 7 & Up
No parent/guardian required on equipment for private lesson.
Add up to 3 additional participants of the same ability to your private lesson for $69/hour each. Please note, the instructor will always teach to the lowest ability level, so please ensure that all participants are of the same ability level.
Add Participant for $69/hour
(Max. 3 additional participants)
All lessons will be 50 minutes to allow for greeting and releasing as well as sanitizing equipment. All instructors will be wearing appropriate PPE and will use equipment to help them support physical distancing while teaching.
All Snow School participants are required to wear:
- An appropriate ski/snowboard helmet during their lesson. Participants may bring their own helmet or reserve a helmet rental in advance when reserving your lift ticket for an additional fee.
- An appropriate face mask at all times. Participants will be required to wear face masks or face coverings at all times, both indoors and outdoors, while at Brimacombe. Masks are required to meet the guidelines set by the Durham Region Health Department. A mask must cover the nose, mouth and chin, must be in contact with the surrounding face without gaping and must be able to filter respiratory droplets. In the case of a cloth non-medical mask or face covering, this means it should be made of 2+ layers of tightly woven fabric (such as cotton or linen). If your ski mask, face shield, neck warmer, tube or balaclava meets that criteria, you can wear it as a mask, but if there are breathing or ventilation holes, or it is a single layer of material, it will not be acceptable as a mask. We also recommend bringing a back-up or two so you are able to change it out when it gets damp.
- A valid lift ticket or valid Membership/Season Pass.